Your starting days of Starcraft

Go down

Your starting days of Starcraft

Post  Quecksilver on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 10:39

How did you start playing Starcraft? Did you play BroodWar?

Back in the days I played some BroodWar. But I never played Multiplayer, only campaign and games vs AI. But hell i sucked at that game. I managed the campaign. Liked the story. But when it came to normal games (which I only played vs AI) I couldnt handle the easiest AI. I never understood how the game really worked. Always turtled on one base and moved out after 20 minutes only to see that the AI expanded everywhere.
I guess its because i played a lot of C&C:Red Alert 2 back then. And that game didnt really have the "expand" concept.

Then came SC2. Bought it when it got released and played through the campaign which was awesome.
So now what? Lets try multiplayer. Started with the practice league. Got bored after 10ish games and dug right into the ladder and BAM! Got placed into bronze as Terran ^^ . Played a lot of 2v2 with Fox back then and very slowly the game got better and I raised in the ladder. I did some silly stuff, like mass tank play or reaper drops (WTF?! Its not like they can jump up cliffs.) And at the beginning i never got the stimpack upgrade because i thought "damn that upgrade. It drains health of your own units!! It cant be good". And god i hated mutalisks! Fox can testify to that.

One day I thought "I'll try zerg now. I like to creep around!" And at first lost so many games because I was so bad at injecting and droning. But eventually got better with the help of various pro gamer replays and Day9tv ^^

Occasionally I'll watch a replay from season 1 and laugh my ass off.
Quecksilver
Admin

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/queksilver

Back to top Go down

Hahah =)

Post  mmAudioslave on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 11:50

Well, i startet Red Alert 1, and i got so facinated by the graphics! omg -_-
Then i got sc1 and i played it on a friends pc, skirmish ofc, turtle to mass bc's afro
Then Age Of Empires 1 and Red Alert 2 came and i got my 1st lan with RA2. Awsome game!
After that AOE2 came out but i never realy liked any of the other C&C games.

So then after some css gaming i heard that sc2 was comin out, so i just got a new pc atm and had to try it out!
I started in 1v1 bronze where i put 15 workers on gas cuz i had so little gas.... lol!
mmAudioslave
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your starting days of Starcraft

Post  Quecksilver on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 11:52

mmAudioslave wrote:
I started in 1v1 bronze where i put 15 workers on gas cuz i had so little gas.... lol!

lol! thumbs up !!
Quecksilver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why i started to play sc2

Post  San on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 13:31

First... i hated that game sooooo much! Coz suddenly my stupid BF didnt reconized the sun anymore.... the sun raise up or not... DOESNT MATTER !!! I really didnt like it, coz i guess everyone would get mad even jealous if someone spent more time with the pc then with u Razz !! And the bomb came to Valentine's Day !! Darling i have a present for u Very Happy ...And waving with that pc game in front of my noose ! yeeeeah it's obviously so much better then a diamond ring Razz HARRI.... but in the end......... it was xD !!!
I started to play it last summer and i dont regret it.
In my opinion there are much more nicer people in the communitiy u would probably never meet in some bar or club.
By the way i like u guys ^^
I might never be a pro game player Razz but sc2 joined a little part in my heart.....
soooo harri who's gonna be jealous noooow biatch !! ♥️♥️

ps. HARRI u still own me a SALSA DANCE LESSON CLASS 'lol!'
San

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quecksilver on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 13:44

Nope, no jealousy. Only pride! Making a girl play starcraft or even speaking out words like "hey are any tournaments going on? I wanna watch some streams." And then watching a tournament together. I'm proud to have accomplished such an impossible task! Very Happy

And yes... I still owe you dance lessons Razz
Quecksilver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mmfishbonedD on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 16:22

Season 1 for me - 3 rax all in all the way to top plat. good times, good times.
mmfishbonedD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xadoom on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 20:42

When starcraft first came out I was like 13-14 years old. A friend of mine had gotten both Starcraft and Half-life from his mother who just been abroad to the US. She bought two random pc-games home for my friend. Talk about skill at picking pc-games Smile

Anyways, we burned out and hacked some additional copies and started playing on LAN. We really didn't understand the game at all, so all would play terran, turtle on 1 base and move out with only tanks when the minerals ran out. We even edited the map so every mineralpatch would have 10k of minerals in them! Building extra workers and expanding was taboo!

In sc2 I started watching Huskey cast in the beta, and had a better idea of how the game should be played. In season 1 I got to silver I think, but stopped playing sc2 for a while, now I'm back and still struggles a lot, but hopefully it will get better with time =)

-Xadoom =)

Xadoom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace on Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 19:24

Season 1 for me - 3 rax all in all the way to top plat. good times, good times.
- This Very Happy

I never liked RTS games that much (An FPS player at heart) but i still played AOE2 (Was a hit on College LAN ).

And yeah Its those Replays done by Husky/HD that got me really hooked to this game. Else SC2 wud have been just another game that i tried.
Menace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quecksilver on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 0:08

Menace wrote:(An FPS player at heart)
That statement caught my interest. What kind of FPS do you play? Maybe we could play some BF3 or something ^^

Quecksilver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum