MicroMachines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TvP: When and how to transition into ghost?

2 posters

Go down

TvP: When and how to transition into ghost? Empty TvP: When and how to transition into ghost?

Post  mmFox Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 14:11

Hi guys,

just thought i would ask around here first before doing my own research. Smile

I was wondering in TvP, lets say the toss player goes colossi and u go vikings, what are the timings etc when to transition into ghost once u see that hes going for/has HTs?

Caus im struggling with that transition i was wondering if u guys have that experience aswell or what u guys do. Smile
mmFox
mmFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

TvP: When and how to transition into ghost? Empty Re: TvP: When and how to transition into ghost?

Post  weez Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 15:36

Well as toss player i can give you my general advice about this question, wich i think is kinna same in all matchups about transitioning:

I'll start to think about transitionning from colo to ht since:

- I scouted reactored startport + medvacs allready out

- Terran scouted my colossi by poking, scout, or scaning

This is obviously meta game issues, just remember that you can use being scouted in your own advantage, for example:

- your colo bay as been spotted really early, so you'll know terran willl be prepare for this, just cancel your next colossi/thermolance research, go for obs/prism speed, rush to templar and own him Smile,

An early colossi spotted will generate 2 possible reactions:

1- i need to rush in order to conclude game before too many colossi are out : then go scout where is his army , produce lot of sentries, wait him in good spot.

2- i neeed to defend in order to get my vikings out then he'll be defensive you probably can expo/attack as soon as storm research done he probabbly wont have any ghosts

The other important thing is about build orders and eco, 2 way to use colossi

1- early timing pushes, often 1 based colo rush
2- standard colossi builds like 3g robo expo into colossi

The first one can easily be spotted by poking, 1 base colo rush is like all gaz into colo tech = few sentry and stalkers, mainly zealots, just 1 observer no expo no imo

The second way is more passive you got more time, you can spot his army, kill obs via scans or turrets, and probably go for conservative drops focusing on probes (marinesdrops) or tech (maraudersdrops) often in toss main base.

Sry kinna transistioned into a toss tutorial Very Happy but hope it can help you terrans folks Cool
weez
weez
Admin

http://weedah.info

Back to top Go down

TvP: When and how to transition into ghost? Empty Re: TvP: When and how to transition into ghost?

Post  mmFox Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 19:06

Thx weez! will give it a try sometime Smile!

Its nice to hear a toss perspective cuz that help aswell! well i hope it does Very Happy
mmFox
mmFox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum